Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Old School Game am I playing this week?

+16
Kintpuash
Arthur Dennison
Rochambeau
Vivian Murphy
Speaker
Frost in His Hair
RoninCreon
HST Justin
Opens The Cage
Dresden St. Andrews
Graciela
Kiril Sokolov
Elizabeth Defoe
Tyler Sprague
Virgil Vikos
Makes-Insides-Outside
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What Old School PS1 0r 2 RPG Title Should I Play This Week?

What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 16

What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Old School Game am I playing this week?

Post by Opens The Cage Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Whoa. No idea there was so much pushback for mentioning FF8. I didn't say I didn't like it (oh, by the way, I didn't like it that much. Still played it to completion, though it wasn't mind-blowing), I said that was about the time I realized I was sick of the Square-Enix JRPG formula. When I do end up playing a jRPG, it's almost always an NIS or Atlas game now. Disgaea, Phantom Brave, and Soul Nomad are pretty awesome and should be picked up, and a lot of Atlas games have a retro dungeon crawl vibe to them that I get into every one in a while.

But my favorite RPG doesn't have graphics or a story, so my opinions on the genre are probably invalid to the majority of people.
Opens The Cage
Opens The Cage

Back to top Go down

What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Old School Game am I playing this week?

Post by RoninCreon Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Kerri loves Zork. So you're not alone in yuor love of old, old, old RPGs.
RoninCreon
RoninCreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Dennison Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:09 pm

While FF8 was one of my more beloved of the series, I admit that if you really want to enjoy or re-enjoy the game go out and download all the CGI cutscenes and just watch them. Then put it away.

Gameplay-wise, it was sooooooo tedious. The cards. The drawing system. Sigh. Those cutscenes were amazing carrots to power through all that, though.

Also, unrelatedly, I was once part of a Nosferatu coterie called the Grues.
Arthur Dennison
Arthur Dennison

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:37 pm

...Kingdom Hearts, fucking fabulous.

*still totally floored by the commentary on Sephiroth* *facepalms for the fourth time*

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Vikos Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Fools! 6 had the most entertaining cast and earth-shattering plot. Ya'all just be hatin' on 8-Bit is all. You see that? That's someone playing as a Mog. Like for real. What Old School Game am I playing this week? - Page 2 3927653374
Virgil Vikos
Virgil Vikos

http://imasupervillain.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninCreon Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:59 pm

So, true story, my friend has a plush Tonberry. But he keeps it on a shelf in his room. I had never been in his room before but went in to get away from a loud party when I was on the phone. I turned and was eye level with a chef's knife and lantern and screamed the most girly scream ever.
RoninCreon
RoninCreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochambeau Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:00 pm

^ ROFLMAO

Oh, I can imagine that, and it just made my day. Hehehehehe...
Rochambeau
Rochambeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivian Murphy Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:01 pm

You have some of the best stories, Wasta... LoL
Vivian Murphy
Vivian Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninCreon Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:03 pm

I am a real life Eshu. My wife can attest.
RoninCreon
RoninCreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochambeau Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:11 pm

You and Anya must officially have a storytelling battle to figure out who's the best eshu. As much as Anya insists that she's a sluagh -- A REALLY LOUD ONE!! -- I'm certain she's an eshu.
Rochambeau
Rochambeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivian Murphy Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:13 pm

I may or may not have photographic evidence that Anya is indeed a Pooka. Very Happy
Vivian Murphy
Vivian Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninCreon Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:13 pm

Eshu fights are never NEARLY as fun to watch as Satyr fights.

Remind me to tell you of a mardi gras party where I saw one.
RoninCreon
RoninCreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochambeau Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:14 pm

*Arches a brow.* Tell me about these satyr fights.
Rochambeau
Rochambeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Speaker Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Although Eshu storytelling contests are awesome!

I may or may not be all of the above. I'm a new thing a Eshuaooka.....
Speaker
Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Vikos Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Well I'm a Satrollooka then.
Virgil Vikos
Virgil Vikos

http://imasupervillain.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninCreon Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:22 pm

Rochambeau wrote:*Arches a brow.* Tell me about these satyr fights.

This story is best told in person.

<.<
>.>

...it may also end with me no a table doing a striptease to the theme from "Smallville"...
RoninCreon
RoninCreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivian Murphy Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:23 pm

^LMAO
Vivian Murphy
Vivian Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Speaker Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Does this story involve a re-enactment? Cause it should..
Speaker
Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninCreon Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:25 pm

No.

Never again.

RoninCreon
RoninCreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivian Murphy Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:25 pm

You say that now, but maybe after a few drinks...
Vivian Murphy
Vivian Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Speaker Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:25 pm

^ Like!
Speaker
Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:27 pm

^^Totally with Crystal...Totally.

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochambeau Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Wasta, we ought to go visit Ohio again. Soon. I'm sure we can keep you well stocked with... what is it... whiskey and pickle brine? Or you can place your faith in the resident Drunken Alchemist. I suddenly want a Wizard Punch right now.
Rochambeau
Rochambeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Speaker Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Yes! Come!
Speaker
Speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kintpuash Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:40 pm

You must come.

It is decided.

Also, on the topic of stupid real life mistakes caused by games?

My door creaked open once. I didn't know it was foggy outside. I took one look and went dead white.

My thoughts?

"Oh, FUCK, SILENT HILL!!!"

Kintpuash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next