Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules Question: Rites

3 posters

Go down

Rules Question: Rites Empty Rules Question: Rites

Post by Virgil Vikos Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:47 pm

Although I'm aware White Wolf contradicts itself, the Rites Background says, "Though it is not unheard of for a Garou elder to teach a student a very powerful rite(as Rank is not a necessary factor of rite progression), it would necessitate a very in-depth explanation."

I'm not trying to fight a ruling, but I am curious about the reasons behind the ST ruling that PC's not learn Intermediate rites before Adren.
Virgil Vikos
Virgil Vikos

http://imasupervillain.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Rules Question: Rites Empty Re: Rules Question: Rites

Post by Misha Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Look in the section under rank. It's contradictory! (Surprise surprise!)
Misha
Misha

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Vikos Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Virgil Vikos wrote:Although I'm aware White Wolf contradicts itself, the Rites Background says, "Though it is not unheard of for a Garou elder to teach a student a very powerful rite(as Rank is not a necessary factor of rite progression), it would necessitate a very in-depth explanation."

I'm not trying to fight a ruling, but I am curious about the reasons behind the ST ruling that PC's not learn Intermediate rites before Adren.

More asking for a clarification why this game takes one side of the conflicting ways presented in the book.

Virgil Vikos
Virgil Vikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Because that's related to taking the Rites background. That would support a cliath coming in with a Rites background of five, not a fostern learning an intermediate rite.
Misha
Misha

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Vikos Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:28 pm

If you followed those rules, a Cliath could come in with Gaia's Vengeful Teeth. The rites background is a combination of the starting levels of the rites and how many you have. It's a hold-over from Tabletop. So a Theurge starting with Rite of Summoning(lvl. 2) and Rite of Binding(lvl. 1), would be represented by a rites background of 3. Someone could start with Rite of the Fetish and the Rite of Cleansing if they put 4 points in the background. With ST discretion, of course.

I just think instead of ruling the idea out completely it could be ruled on in a case-by-case basis, and am curious why that's not the case.
Virgil Vikos
Virgil Vikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Defoe Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:50 pm

I would object to a case-by-case handling. That leads to unfortunate disparities in the LARP-setting. It's the alleged basis for installing the recent house rules (or house rule revisions) to Mentor and fetish-creation, and this should be treated no differently.
Griffin Defoe
Griffin Defoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down