Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heartland Alliance - Event Game

+7
Virgil Vikos
Anselm Walker
Tyler Sprague
Griffin Defoe
Graciela
Makes-Insides-Outside
ST Jonah
11 posters

Go down

Heartland Alliance - Event Game Empty Heartland Alliance - Event Game

Post by ST Jonah Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:54 am

So we have discussed briefly before that we were thinking of putting together an event game.

What we need from you:

Honest input on what you'd be willing to spend for a site fee and what type of location you'd prefer to play at for the event.

If you want to jump into a discussion on whether or not Heartland should have an event game, feel free to create a separate thread. I'd like to keep the two topics separated.
ST Jonah
ST Jonah
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Heartland Alliance - Event Game Empty Re: Heartland Alliance - Event Game

Post by Makes-Insides-Outside Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:07 pm

I'd pony up 20-30$ for an event.

I think it is a really cool idea, although I might be biased because I haven't apocalypse larped in about a month because of Pennsic.

I think that a camp-out would be preferred to spending time in a hotel, it Would be much more Werewolfy!~ '(@___@))'

We could even go nuts and perhaps try and obtain a cabin, since I know many folks might not like the idea of sleeping outside with bugs and the elements.

Here are suggestions for some venues.

http://www.hockinghills.com/cabins.html

http://www.lakecody.com/ (Near Lima! lol)
Makes-Insides-Outside
Makes-Insides-Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Oh, goddess...Hocking Hills. That place is absolutely freaking gorgeous. I do like the idea of a campout (it IS more werewolf-y), but definitely know of people who won't like the bugs and things...and frankly, I don't want to have to worry about rain. Because sleeping in a damp tent when it's already cold BLOWS. I learned this at the Dark Ages trip. Never again. We'd be willing to pony up, methinks.

However, stated again...NOT outside!

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Defoe Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:52 pm

I also won't sleep outdoors if I can help it, but do enjoy some outdoorsy LARPing when the weather is somewhat cooperative. Of course if the game is close enough to home, some of us won't have to drop extra dough for lodgings.
Griffin Defoe
Griffin Defoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Sprague Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:17 pm

I'm definitely interested in some outdoorsy LARPing as long as there are accomodations for sleeping and inclement weather.
Tyler Sprague
Tyler Sprague

Back to top Go down

Post by Anselm Walker Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Ditto. I want to be close enough to home that I don't have to pony up for a hotel room. If it's a Cleveland LARP it should be in the Cleveland area. While I don't mind sleeping outdoors, my camping experience is for my luxury (and just for me, not socializing) not to be mingled with trying to LARP.

That being said, a fair entrance fee is $20-$30, like most other event games.

I would just hope for it to happen somewhere within a 30 minute drive of both East and Westside players with an option to sleep on or very near site for interested (out of town?) folks.

There are great spots in the Metroparks - The Rocky River Reservation is very nice and I know you can reserve sections (with pavilions) for a modest fee. Rocky River Reservation also has a nature center where you can look at stuff.

There is also a really pretty park (with waterfalls) in Olmsted Falls where you can grill and congregate for freezies as long as you are respectful to passersby. Also, Olmsted Falls has really great historic styled stuff (and you can see some buildings that inspired the descriptions for parts of World of Darkness version of Jefferson, Texas).

Anselm Walker
Anselm Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Vikos Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:56 am

I'm in general agreement with everyone so far. Somewhere in the area. If woodsy, somewhere with close accommodations for travelers. $20-30 a head, cheaper with pre-reg.

Amber, major blast from the past moment with the Dark Ages campout. I was still with my old fiancee back then. Andstill playing Devon Atwood. Crazy times. Oh, and Ken and Amanda's Pagan wedding at the campsite. Memories...Now I miss Dark Ages LARP.
Virgil Vikos
Virgil Vikos

http://imasupervillain.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Razor Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:12 am

I'd drop $50+ on a Heartland event in a heartbeat. Not even think twice about it. But $20-$30 seems like fair pricing considering the wallets of others.

And I don't know why we're talking about sleeping, it's a Heartland Event.

(I kid, I'm just a big fan girl.)

I love camping, so it doesn't really bother me one way or another. I like the idea of grilling and having a bon fire. (It's the sacred fire omg!)

We need something with a playground. Kate didn't get pushed on the swings last time we went to the Kiddie Park. It's a travesty.
Autumn Razor
Autumn Razor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dresden St. Andrews Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:03 pm

I would gladly toss upwards of $50 on a local event just from what it saves me in travel money. I think $35 would be reasonable given what other events charge. As far as outdoor camping goes that would depend a lot on what time of the year this event takes place. I am always partial to outdoor venues on a nice day but given the temperamental nature of Ohio weather I think having a place that is indoors with an outdoor option may be better.
Dresden St. Andrews
Dresden St. Andrews

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninCreon Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Considering there would be travel involved for me, $20-30 sounds awesome. The whole inclement weather thing is actually pretty easy to fix - see if there is a summer camp that rents out in the fall. They'll usually have a fairly steep deposit of $200-$300 but as long as people clean afterwards it shouldn't be a problem. I know when I played JR Lake around here I rented an entire summer camp, got use of the full kitchen and all the grounds and it ended up costing me about $40. Sometimes it also helps to organize an event where people come out for a Saturday and help the camp repair things and do cheap labor. For a Werewolf game, having this kind of relationship could be gold. I know for the camp I used our local Amtgard chapter has a stellar relationship and can use the camp whenever they want in the off season. Anyway, it's an idea and if nothing else, finding a place with cabins is much better than a place with tents.
RoninCreon
RoninCreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Makes-Insides-Outside Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:44 pm

Tentative Date for this to occur?? Our beautiful indian summer and fall is slipping away...
Makes-Insides-Outside
Makes-Insides-Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Anselm Walker Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:08 am

I'm guessing sometime in 2012. Running an event is huge and takes quite a bit of planning.

I'm sure this was talk for, "Hey, what do we think about doing this next year?"

Anselm Walker
Anselm Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Audra Radvilyte Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:00 am

No, they were trying to see if they could throw somehting together quickly - I think?
Audra Radvilyte
Audra Radvilyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:59 am

That's what i thought, as well. If I remember HST said something about October, perhaps. I could be misremembering. But, i thoughts...

I shouldn't think anymore.

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down