Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On a scale of one to a million... degrees.

+13
Opens The Cage
Arthur Dennison
Dresden St. Andrews
HST Justin
Vivian Murphy
Autumn Razor
Graciela
RoninCreon
Makes-Insides-Outside
Elizabeth Defoe
Virgil Vikos
Rochambeau
Lelana
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

On a scale of one to a million... degrees. - Page 4 Empty Re: On a scale of one to a million... degrees.

Post by Misha Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Black Fury's are usually much more accepting of metis than they are of males. Isn't it one of the tribes that doesn't frown down upon the sterile ones?
Misha
Misha

Back to top Go down

On a scale of one to a million... degrees. - Page 4 Empty Re: On a scale of one to a million... degrees.

Post by RoninCreon Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:24 pm

More accepting, yes. That doesn't mean as accepting as, say, CoGs.
RoninCreon
RoninCreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:27 pm

So the scale is Red Talons and Fianna at the extreme hate end, Children of Gaia and Silent Striders at the accepting end and everything else is somewhere in the middle?
Misha
Misha

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninCreon Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Yeah. BF are more towards the CoG side because they don't just give up their Metis to other Tribes all the time - about 50/50 (though when they keep them they are more likely to keep the males).
RoninCreon
RoninCreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochambeau Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:29 pm

That sounds about right. I didn't realize Striders were so accepting of metis, though.
Rochambeau
Rochambeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivian Murphy Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:29 pm

The Furies accept the male metis, because they are their mother's responsibility, and not to be shirked. This was largely due to the influence of Pegasus (and the reason they stopped killing their male children all together.) Female metis are accepted as well, but it is very awkward for them. Other Furies look on them as less than women, because they can not embrace the three aspects of womanhood - Maiden, Mother, and Crone. (Homid and lupus Garou who are sterile actually receive similar treatment.)
Vivian Murphy
Vivian Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivian Murphy Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Truth, Wasta. Many female metis do find their lives easier elsewhere.
Vivian Murphy
Vivian Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Yup. As oversexualized as the girl is Speaker's concept of the mating with other garou tenant of the litany is actually well in line with her tribe. I believe the tribe book says something like "It's lonely on the road and sometimes you find comfort where you can get it. Even though other people may claim that mating with another garou is a bad act, our metis are rarely purely our blood." Or something like that. Then it goes on to say something about how metis shouldn't be frowned down upon because they too serve owl or something like that.
Misha
Misha

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Razor Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:48 pm

"We treat our metis well, yes?" (or something to that effect) - Elder Claws (sp?)
Autumn Razor
Autumn Razor

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil Vikos Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:16 pm

^This. Elder Claws is the man. I almost wish I was based out of Wyld Prophets just so I could have him as my Feared Mentor.
Virgil Vikos
Virgil Vikos

http://imasupervillain.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dresden St. Andrews Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:08 am

Misha wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Black Fury's are usually much more accepting of metis than they are of males. Isn't it one of the tribes that doesn't frown down upon the sterile ones?

The Black Furies method of acceptance means that they don't dash the heads of their metis against the rocks anymore.
Dresden St. Andrews
Dresden St. Andrews

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninCreon Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:10 am

^Tee Hee
RoninCreon
RoninCreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Makes-Insides-Outside Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:31 am

I don't understand why all the "modern tribes" get rid of the best traditions!! Like hurtling the infant metis, their mothers and fathers into the sea or on top of jagged rocks! Ohh how the Red Talon tribe misses the good ol' impergium days. When wolves were wolves, and the humans were living rations...

On a scale of one to a million... degrees. - Page 4 DAMNCAT

Makes-Insides-Outside
Makes-Insides-Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Eira Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:47 am

They passed down all the roads long ago and the Red Wolves ran close behind them and covered their footsteps....

SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHILDREN OF GAIA!!!!!

On a scale of one to a million... degrees. - Page 4 The-last-unicorn-red-bull
Eira
Eira

Back to top Go down

Post by RoninCreon Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:50 am

*smacks lips, looking at the delicious unicorn meat*
RoninCreon
RoninCreon

Back to top Go down

Post by Makes-Insides-Outside Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:51 am

It all comes together for mah ahnee snail yessssssssssssssssssss......

On a scale of one to a million... degrees. - Page 4 Unicorn
Makes-Insides-Outside
Makes-Insides-Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum