Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Etiquette, a brief rant.

+3
Essence
Anselm Walker
Virgil Vikos
7 posters

Go down

Forum Etiquette, a brief rant. Empty Forum Etiquette, a brief rant.

Post by Virgil Vikos Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:32 pm

I love the boards and they let me have all those long conversations it's hard to squeeze in at game, but does anybody else note a complete lack of forum etiquette sometimes? I'm not hating on a particular individual or anything but it's slightly frustrating to go to sleep because you have work in the morning and there's like 6 more posts with people coming, going, making out, before you have a chance to post a fine how-do-you-do to the newcomers. Is that just me?
Virgil Vikos
Virgil Vikos

http://imasupervillain.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Forum Etiquette, a brief rant. Empty Re: Forum Etiquette, a brief rant.

Post by Anselm Walker Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:01 pm

I get that a lot, especially because I don't have a fancy cell phone that can do internet on the go, sometimes that leads to (on my part) posting when I can, so if I'm immediately responded to I will immediately respond back.
Anselm Walker
Anselm Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 pm

I'm guilty of this more often than not. Mostly because I get insanely excited and want to respond to what someone has done. I know personally if it is pointed out that a character would have done something to change the scene I am fine going back. In other cases, I do what I can to restrain myself.
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by Grip Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm assuming that the proper etiquette would be to go round robin? That's what I try to do. It doesn't always work so well, but...[shrug]

Grip

Back to top Go down

Post by Opens The Cage Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:15 pm

It's really difficult to get people to wait to do something on the boards. The best thing to do seems to be to just respond in turn to everything that happened between posts. Most people seem willing to roll-back a second if you actually interfere with their sloppy makeouts while your weren't awake to post it before.
Opens The Cage
Opens The Cage

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Razor Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 am

This is a pet peeve of mine, but I try to brush it off since it's just a game and not that serious. I make mistakes, too, so everything with a grain of salt is best.

I encourage post order, and not posting ooc commentary unless absolutely necessary. I encourage the use of PM's and the OOC threads to alleviate this.

I can't post all the time, the world forces me to leave the awesome that is IC Heartland Alliance. What I typically include what my character would have done/said, and I haven't had any issues to date at all.

I don't feel a conversation should stop, as long as everyone recognizes there is another person that is declared in the scene. So if you go off on a conversation, you might get a winded post so that the other party(ies) can be included if they deem they would be.

In short, it's not that big of a deal so don't get your (a universal statement) panties in a twist unless it's potentially detrimental to your character where something is extremely unfair or something to that effect.

I don't want my ST's getting upset over forum arguments and I don't want a bunch of restrictions that slow everything down, either. It's up to us to be adults and find a middle ground. Besides, we are all very easy going.
Autumn Razor
Autumn Razor

Back to top Go down

Post by Makes-Insides-Outside Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:38 am

I like twisting panties. =D
Forum Etiquette, a brief rant. Unicorn
Makes-Insides-Outside
Makes-Insides-Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Razor Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:45 am

I don't have words.

Kasey, can we restrict "Photos with Friends", too? I don't think we can play anymore.
Autumn Razor
Autumn Razor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down