Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Question: What Sort Of Plot Are You Looking For In Heartland Alliance?

+6
Autumn Razor
Graciela
Opens The Cage
Essence
Grip
ST Jonah
10 posters

Go down

New Question:  What Sort Of Plot Are You Looking For In Heartland Alliance? Empty New Question: What Sort Of Plot Are You Looking For In Heartland Alliance?

Post by ST Jonah Thu May 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Use the typical disclaimers here. (No promises, etc). I am curious from the player base - what sort of plot are you looking forward to in our game? What do you wish to explore? Any random feelings you want exploding in your character's mind? I'm not asking you to give away character motivations in public just as an FYI. I'd love to hear your opinions!
ST Jonah
ST Jonah
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

New Question:  What Sort Of Plot Are You Looking For In Heartland Alliance? Empty Re: New Question: What Sort Of Plot Are You Looking For In Heartland Alliance?

Post by Grip Thu May 19, 2011 2:46 pm

I love a good whodunnit. And while it really doesn't work for the character I have presently, I'm also a fan of high adventure. Which...yeah, not so much a thing in a WW game.

Grip

Back to top Go down

New Question:  What Sort Of Plot Are You Looking For In Heartland Alliance? Empty Re: New Question: What Sort Of Plot Are You Looking For In Heartland Alliance?

Post by Essence Thu May 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Well, I play a Kin and only on the boards due to distance so...strike one and two. But I like that almost all of the craziness on the boards is player driven and deeply personal plot. It's awesome to see and amazing to figure out what happened at game through the interactions on the boards (much like a Kin would Smile ).

So, no suggestions, more of a "you guys are awesome".
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by Opens The Cage Thu May 19, 2011 3:18 pm

OtC Disclaimer 1: I need to fix my backstory. It's probably as simple as "sed s/Cleveland/Toledo", but the fact remains that I haven't updated it to actually fit with HA after joining OWBN. I'm a slacker.

OtC Disclaimer 2: I haven't been to game in a month, so I have little idea what's actually going on currently, and there's a good chance that I might be able to drop into something going on without needing anything new written for me. I'm not a core dedicated player, and I know that there's little desire to write a plot around a PC that's not going to show up to experience it.

As per the link I posted some time ago on multiplayer gaming, I'm primarily an Achiever/Killer. I like acting on both players and the game environment. This doesn't mean that I'm incapable of interacting with them, but my default instinct and this character's personality incline me more towards making a judgement on something and acting on it instead of spending weeks working out the fine details of an NPC's personality to choose a course of action.

I feel like I need to point out that Killer doesn't simply mean combat. It's acting on other players, and this sort of role also covers helping other characters and leadership spots to some extent. It doesn't mean I'm going to slaughter everyone else on the sept automatically.

I do have personal goals, but I need to fix my backstory before I can work towards some of them. Again, all I really have to do is skim over it and make sure it all still makes sense after changing location and email it in. I also want to mess with the boundaries of auspices in Garou society, though this isn't as much of a plot as it is just messing with the system.
Opens The Cage
Opens The Cage

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Thu May 19, 2011 7:47 pm

As you chose the Jack of all Trades auspice, have fun with that. Should be enjoyable to watch happen.

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Razor Thu May 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Personally, I'd like to see a few more instances where my character can get her hands dirty in a fight, among other things.

My character is a metis, and I'd like her to have the opportunity to actually earn the respect all of her sept mates seem to show her. (Keyword: Opportunity. I'm not assuming I'll outright succeed at whatever you throw at us collectively. She got her ass kicked at the caern raising, and she's looking for a way to redeem herself, currently.)
Autumn Razor
Autumn Razor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulysses Sprague Thu May 19, 2011 8:34 pm

I enjoy stuff that reinforces genre. You guys are already doing a pretty good job with that sort of thing, though. We've seen puzzles, mysteries, combats, and the like, so seriously -- kudos!

Some Sanga-plot could be cool. Corax, Ratkin, Nuwisha, or Bastet could really spice up our corner of the World of Darkness.

I haven't seen much of the staple villains outside of the caern-raising (Spirals, Banes). That's not really a complaint, but it can feel like something's wrong if they don't pop up now and again. The fact that we haven't run afoul of a super-hive or calumn yet is pretty cool, and the Weaver-as-villain made me all kinds of happy OOC. (No more überghouls, please?)

"Lay of the land" plots are fantastic, where the PCs stumble into strangeness that predates their arrival into the area. They're kind of my bread and butter with... well, a game I run.
Ulysses Sprague
Ulysses Sprague

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Stein Thu May 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Chris, is that your official stance as the HST of Wyld Prophets?
Kate Stein
Kate Stein

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulysses Sprague Thu May 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Don't call me Chris. I'm Ulysses, the player of Chris. Alternatively, I'm Griffin, the player of the HST of Wyld Prophets.

Also, the Rapture has been cancelled.
Ulysses Sprague
Ulysses Sprague

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Thu May 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Nooo! I'm having a party for the Rapture!

www.khaaan.com
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace-no-more Thu May 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Personally, I'd like to see some cohesiveness between the games. Some shared plots or communication of some sort would be pretty spiffy.

I'm also a huge fan of plots that won't inherently get your character fucked. I'm not in the camp of "The ST fucked me royally this game...I love 'em!" If you do stupid things, I believe in consequences, but I don't like plots that make me feel like there's no winning out right.
Peace-no-more
Peace-no-more

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulysses Sprague Thu May 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Peace-no-more wrote:I'm also a huge fan of plots that won't inherently get your character fucked. I'm not in the camp of "The ST fucked me royally this game...I love 'em!" If you do stupid things, I believe in consequences, but I don't like plots that make me feel like there's no winning out right.

I think it's also important for players, however, to recognize that some stories rely on a base of misery heading towards improvement. Sometimes the World of Darkness punches you in the gut and it hurts for a while, but the story is about healing up and getting revenge after that.
Ulysses Sprague
Ulysses Sprague

Back to top Go down

Post by Anselm Walker Thu May 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Ulysses Sprague wrote:
Peace-no-more wrote:I'm also a huge fan of plots that won't inherently get your character fucked. I'm not in the camp of "The ST fucked me royally this game...I love 'em!" If you do stupid things, I believe in consequences, but I don't like plots that make me feel like there's no winning out right.

I think it's also important for players, however, to recognize that some stories rely on a base of misery heading towards improvement. Sometimes the World of Darkness punches you in the gut and it hurts for a while, but the story is about healing up and getting revenge after that.

Fo' sho'.

There's also the thing to consider that maybe the reason things are getting worse and worse is because you keep pissing in someone's Wheaties.

It's important to note that not everything in WoD is evil and needs to be set on fire. Some people just happen to live in bad neighborhoods and such... that doesn't make them bad.
Anselm Walker
Anselm Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace-no-more Thu May 19, 2011 10:07 pm

He asked for opinions, and I gave him mine.

Peace-no-more
Peace-no-more

Back to top Go down

Post by Anselm Walker Thu May 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Peace-no-more wrote:He asked for opinions, and I gave him mine.

Whoa now, that was a statement that sounded like you felt you were being attacked.

I'm just saying that it's important to remember that there is sometimes the concept of a "wrong action" in a plot and that sometimes that action isn't as obvious as "Shit... should have punched the Elder in the dick."

Case in point - Apparently it's really dumb - for real, to try and buy an airport in Lima.

Anselm Walker
Anselm Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace-no-more Thu May 19, 2011 11:29 pm

Sorry. Really bad week for the McMillen clan. I retract my baggu.
Peace-no-more
Peace-no-more

Back to top Go down

Post by Anselm Walker Fri May 20, 2011 1:30 am

Fair. If it helps, you aren't the only one have a rough week. Sympathies.
Anselm Walker
Anselm Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Fri May 20, 2011 5:51 am

Seconded, and my sympathies, as well.

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace-no-more Fri May 20, 2011 1:06 pm

I appreciate it. I'll feel a lot better when I can find a home for my Grandfather's pug.
Peace-no-more
Peace-no-more

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down