Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gift Clarification: Blissful Ignorance

2 posters

Go down

Gift Clarification: Blissful Ignorance Empty Gift Clarification: Blissful Ignorance

Post by Grip Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:18 am

(pg 124 LotW) "With this Gift, you can become nearly invisible to all senses, spirits and monitoring devices by remaining still. Make a Physical Challenge. If successful, you blend into the landscape as long as you remain still. Cross your arms across your chest to show when this Gift is in use. The Gift lasts as long as the Garou can remain still. Talking, moving, attacking someone or the like will break the effect."

Clarification requests:
- Is the Physical Challenge for this Gift a Static Challenge or a challenge against a target?
- If this Gift is used in combat, can an opponent attempt to attack the spot they just saw the user standing in?
- Does crossing the Gauntlet break the effect of this Gift? (I've never really been clear on the metaphysics of stepping sideways)

Thanks,
-Jason

Grip

Back to top Go down

Gift Clarification: Blissful Ignorance Empty Re: Gift Clarification: Blissful Ignorance

Post by HST Justin Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:35 am

- It doesn't say Static, but I'm unsure of who you'd be physically contesting for this. I'm going to call it Static for now against a number of traits that will have its mileage vary.

- An opponent can attempt to attack the spot they just saw the user standing in. However, they will have the 'darkness' retest applied to them to reflect the fact that they can't see what they're attacking.

- Crossing the Gauntlet would not break the effect of this Gift, in my opinion. You don't have to make any physical movements, after all.
HST Justin
HST Justin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down