Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intregal parts of genre and their ramifications

4 posters

Go down

Intregal parts of genre and their ramifications Empty Intregal parts of genre and their ramifications

Post by Anselm Walker Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:30 pm

So, there is a scene on the boards for the Winter Solstice rite.

As a player, I'm honestly not too keen on holding things like that on the boards. There are players who would otherwise be present that do not play on the boards as well as really poor time constraints for board posting.

I beseech the STs to curb this sort of thing since 80% of the game will now look very bad for having missed a Rite that technically they would have made if it had been done on a game day. It's unfair to them and causes unneeded distress.

If this HAS to happen this way, than can we make the assumption that EVERYONE is there and able to attend and have people just abbreviate their scene with minimal participation from people that aren't enacting the rite?

My preference would be that these things actually happen at game though.

Anselm Walker
Anselm Walker

Back to top Go down

Intregal parts of genre and their ramifications Empty Re: Intregal parts of genre and their ramifications

Post by Graciela Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Seconded, to be frank. I like this idea better. When it's a rite that is pretty much caern participation, definitely save for game.

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Intregal parts of genre and their ramifications Empty Re: Intregal parts of genre and their ramifications

Post by HST Justin Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:02 pm

While I understand what you're explaining and what you're getting at, I think the only concern here is the idea that people would be penalized for not signing onto the boards. This is not the case and I encourage players to not think about penalizing characters for not being on these boards. The STs would prefer not to get involved in that kind of thing but if it occurs, actions will be taken to bring things into line. This board is not a requirement for the game, it's a tool to further soft roleplay.

That said, the rite in question was to be done on the solstice and it seems that a number of characters were not able to attend due to being Weaver tainted. That sounds like an IC thing to be considered and handled.
HST Justin
HST Justin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulysses Sprague Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:12 pm

Pasty white boys don't need to be entreating upon the sun to come back anyway!

In all seriousness, I think Justin makes a good point. The timing is such that the actual Winter Solstice doesn't fall during a game session; and, If no one gets penalized for not putting a post in on the scene when their PC otherwise could have been there, there should be no harm in things like this. If this was done as some kind of pre-scene next Sunday, I guarantee it wouldn't be given nearly as much flavor and description and just as many people would be absent from it on account of arriving fashionably late to the game site. Frankly, I'm glad the board is essentially being used to its full potential right now.
Ulysses Sprague
Ulysses Sprague

Back to top Go down

Post by Anselm Walker Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:26 pm

That's my biggest concern.

If people will not be penalized, than I have no issue.

I will just assume that people who would be there, would in fact be there (barring those things that we know of IC.. like the Weaver taint thing)

I've just seen people get IC punished in other games because they went to.. let's say an event game, for instance... and it's kinda lame.

So, yea, no penalties? Then by all means, game on!

Anselm Walker
Anselm Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down