Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plotting for some road tripping

+15
Speaker
Eira
Misha
Kuhane
ST Jonah
Kate Stein
Griffin Defoe
Anselm Walker
Graciela
Autumn Razor
Peace-no-more
Rochambeau
Vivian Murphy
Opens The Cage
Essence
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Plotting for some road tripping - Page 4 Empty Re: Plotting for some road tripping

Post by Graciela Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:30 am

The above is a really good question, onsidering she wasn't preggo at the time, I don't think. Also, a note for you Laura...it was hysterical at the dinner when Starrie opened her mouth and blurted out the news about Verity's ondition, and Lex got to watch the utter confusion roll across Jacob's face. Confusion, surprise, then a bit of that "Really? Did you really just say that?" to Starrie, since he hadn't known. Absolutely fan-tucking-tastic.

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Plotting for some road tripping - Page 4 Empty Re: Plotting for some road tripping

Post by Starrie Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:34 am

Ok look I thought he knew. She's at Mercy House being all careful how she moves and keeps putting her hand on her stomach at odd times without even really thinking about it. Starrie is very very observant and she was raised at a Commune with a Hippie Grandmother who was a midwife. Starrie assisted her Gran at a child birthing when she was 10 for Gaia's sake. ... please don't kill me Laura!
Starrie
Starrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochambeau Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:36 am

Yes, she's still alive, but she generally needs to be told she's not allowed in fights like that. *Eyes shift.* As for pissing of an Elder Get Sept Alpha? She'd probably do that, too.

And I'm all for setting upon Jacob merciless confusion at random moments. The phrase that comes to mind is "Turnabout is fair play."
Rochambeau
Rochambeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:39 am

Well, Liam was pretty low key that weekend. And I kept getting pulled out of the room to do various other things. I need to get to Ohio Garou soon, though. My current legacy remains being named "Fists the Veil".
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 am

Oh, trust me, this one was absolutely glorious. And you know it is when Mr. Poker Face (I'm snickering, and I don't know why at that...) is surprised enough that the control over his expression just plummets. It was great.

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:45 am

Nothing, and I mean nothing beats the Ke$ha incident. I've become resigned a while ago to Verity being the straight man to Jacob's bizarre antics. It's so friggin' funny.
Verity
Verity

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:48 am

Lol...It's generally better to be the straight man. We get all the witty lines *is the real ife straight man to her husband's hijinks* Well, and we're not the one's getting laughed at...

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrie Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:48 am

I know I enjoy it! Course I don't think he'll every forgive Magdalena for teaching Verity about the Umbra and dedicating her clothes.
Starrie
Starrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrie Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:50 am

@Wasta-Yes you need to make an Ohio trip and pick up Laura on your way here. Starrie needs some face time with Rochambeau!
Starrie
Starrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrie Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:50 am

oh and Starrie needs face time with Essence Razz
Starrie
Starrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:53 am

LOL. My wife wants clarification on the phrase "face time". Razz
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrie Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:57 am

It's so much easier to poke fun at someone when you can roleplay face to face. It's also easier to understand a character's nuances when you can see it instead of read it.

Starrie
Starrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:59 am

*nod* Word. I agree.
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:05 am

XD Chrystal, that was one of the best ruined moments of triumph I think I've ever had.

Verity: "Yeah, you forgot to mention that I needed to dedicate my clothing before I got into the Umbra. Didja think I wouldn't find out about that?"
Jacob: "This was supposed to be the love scene."
Verity: "......... I am the worst mate ever."

And I think I enjoyed being able to write a pair for a while before going into face-to-face interactions. For me, the chance to define a character's personality and habits through text was a whole bunch of supporting material to fall back on when actually face to face. It really kinda gave the sense to me that the pair had been around each other a lot and knew each other well enough to understand what little facial expressions or mannerisms meant.

But I'm a whore for character development and nuances like that.
Verity
Verity

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:07 am

^ Which is what makes you a fantastic personal to RP with. Character development is WONDERFUL.

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:09 am

In my case I work off other people. Face-to-face is preferred but I make do with anyone willing to do online scenes.

Of course, having a job that bores me to tears helps. It makes me appreciate anyone willing to feed my addiction.
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate Stein Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:49 am

I was there with my Get of Fenris fighting in Fights With Words's group during the Saturday fight.

When I play her, I pretty much just walk around and look pissed off. lol
Kate Stein
Kate Stein

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Well now I will absolutely have reason to seek you all out.
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:14 pm

But Kasey, I love Burden so much.
Verity
Verity

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:31 pm

The only characters I remember other than Rhia were the Uktena Ragabash who wormed out of Liam that he could cross into the Umbra (leading to an awesome scene of the Fianna all ganging up on him) and the Get chick in my group who wanted to murder me for leaving the fight after getting hit with lightning. Smile
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrie Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:11 pm

I love Burden too! Especially when I can get her to tell me about the issues with Brandon and how he needs to mate before the end of the year. LOVE IT!
Starrie
Starrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivian Murphy Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:15 pm

The thing I love about Burden: you never know when you talk to her if she is going to open her mouth to answer you, or open it to eat you. <3! Very Happy
Vivian Murphy
Vivian Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochambeau Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:54 pm

When talking about the challenges of playing a lupus character to new players, I often use Burden's very direct manner of speaking and simple (not stupid) way of looking at things.

"I do not require this."

"I am adequate."

It's great. Kasey = awesome sauce.
Rochambeau
Rochambeau

Back to top Go down

Post by HST Justin Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:00 pm

"No, I will not mate with you."
HST Justin
HST Justin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Well, it's a LOT better than "I have to wash my fur tonight".
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next