Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Garou Society

Go down

Dead Garou Society Empty Dead Garou Society

Post by P. Erasmus Vandermousley Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:31 am

Is your favorite character dead? Did your character, carefully crafted over months of game and role play, die leaving a hole in your heart and the heart of your fellow roleplayers? Whether he or she was the victim of a poor tactical decision, plot events, a large group of angry wyrm spawn, or just poor chops your character is out of the picture relegated to the land of ancestor spirits and memories. Its a darn shame too. You had stories unfinished and songs unsung. If you had the chance to come back as that character, not as an ancestor spirit or undead wraith, but as a living warrior of Gaia, would you take it? Would you return to stand once more as one of Gaia's chosen?

That chance is here.

Dust off your old character sheet and erase the word dead, its time to bring back your favorite character in a chronicle powered by the twentieth anniversary edition of everyone's favorite game of savage horror.

Campaign Features:
• Continue playing as a previously dead garou, fera, or kinfolk.
o Don't have a dead character? Just use a character who hasn't died yet or even make a new one.
• Explore the mystery of how you came back to life or just accept it and experience the world of darkness in a sandbox style campaign based in the greater Ohio area.
• A shared world building system (inspired by FATE and Numenera) that allows players to dynamically modify the setting.
• Run by a veteran game master (10 years + of D&D, Warhammer 40K RPG, and Paranoia,) with no previous experience running games set in the world of Darkness.
• Flexible weeknight game times to keep your valuable weekends free.
• Initial game announcement that reads like a description for a game on steam.

P. Erasmus Vandermousley

Back to top Go down

Dead Garou Society Empty Re: Dead Garou Society

Post by P. Erasmus Vandermousley Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Even more information.

Time of game: I'm up for any weeknight, except Thursday between 5 and 9.

Game Location: Either NCIR or Recess (North Olmsted)

Character generation: Hard to say at this point, not sure if we just want to directly convert them from what ever system they were last in or just rebuild them. I'm going to need to see what the character roster is going to be and talk with the other players before I know how we're going to do it.

Setting: The master setting information will be based on the information presented in the W20 books as well as the original back stories of the characters. (Likely this will look like the OWBN setting with a fresh coat of W20 paint, player input, and a few surprises of my own.)

Premise in detail:

This idea can to me right before the heartland alliance session before last. I was thinking to myself. "Man, I sure had fun playing as Barth, but just as things really got awesome, bam Hanaro, then bam dead. If I'm thinking this way then other people probably have similar thoughts. I bet some of the other folks here have characters they'd like to revisit. Dang that would be awesome I keep hearing about a bunch of really cool characters who died before I started playing. This could be a good chance to meet them." So I said to those assembled, Justin, Laura, and Fuzzy, "You know what would be cool? Running a game where everyone could play their favorite dead character."

Anyway long winded origin stories aside here are the relevant details as they come to mind:

The premise of this game is that you've died. You remember dying. The feel of claws ripping you apart, the hot burn of silver piecing your heart, your body being dissolved in a roaring flame. In a haze you found yourself among your ancestors, a spirit like they. How long you remained among them you cannot say, for even if your memories of this were not as insubstantial wisps of mist before the morning sun, time follows its own strange laws in deep reaches of the umbra. You remember, distinctly the ending of this state. You felt a pulling, an almost irresistible pulling on your soul as the cycle called you to continue, to reincarnate, to return. As you began to follow it you felt a tug, almost as if a rope had been looped around your foot and your movement stopped. Suddenly a feeling of ultimate vertigo suffused you as what ever had stopped your movement began to pull. You accelerated through the tellerian your senses granting you brief glimpses of Umbral realms foul and fair as you are pulled in directions that euclidean geometry simply cannot accept. In another instant the vista changes, the realms you sense become stranger places. The sound of blue, the taste of valor, and other less rational things. Then in a moment of singular terror you beheld Them. An endless hydra of a thousand devouring maws spewing an endless stream of baleful thing onto the million million thin webs containing it. A massive spider of perfect angles spinning webs with its uncountable legs to contain the abominable beast. A vast vortex of unnamed colors spewing forth infinity heedless of the other two. You remember nothing more past that point, but the sensation of falling.
You awoke to a world both familiar and strange. You are sure somethings are different now for when you look upon familiar people and things you find you have two sets of memories about them, one as they are and one as they might otherwise be.

P. Erasmus Vandermousley

Back to top Go down

Post by P. Erasmus Vandermousley Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:17 pm

And the game is full.

P. Erasmus Vandermousley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down