Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A suggestion?

+10
Anselm Walker
Graciela
Grip
Kiril Sokolov
Opens The Cage
Misha
Essence
Griffin Defoe
Kate Stein
Peace-no-more
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A suggestion? - Page 2 Empty Re: A suggestion?

Post by Griffin Defoe Tue May 24, 2011 1:27 am

How big an issue is this for you, Nick? I only want to argue this if you're really dead-set on clipping our message board roleplay.
Griffin Defoe
Griffin Defoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace-no-more Tue May 24, 2011 1:30 am

I don't think it's clipping. I think it's pretty reasonable to request any type of thing (Like the rite used) to be taken off the message board? Of all the plethora of scenes that happen on the message board, requesting maybe one or two scenes to be taken off sounds pretty reasonable to me.
Peace-no-more
Peace-no-more

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrie Tue May 24, 2011 1:46 am

I think we should be able to put private scenes on the board. It is reasonable to expect as Jason stated that we are all adults and understand that if something is labeled private it is PRIVATE. If a rite is enacted to make it doubly so so be it. I believe that this particular scene has the right to be done on the boards just as much as the scene that was labeled private between Essence and Starrie does. I know one of the reasons I game is for the audience.

I am also a peeping tom myself but I manage to keep my lips shut unless I'm in the scene. And I'm a chatting Kathy if there ever was one.

Again as Jason stated we are all adults here and should understand and respect the rules and each other.
Starrie
Starrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Defoe Tue May 24, 2011 1:50 am

In this case, it's not. With six PCs involved, one of which isn't a "main" being played during regular sessions of Heartland Alliance, this is the place for it. I think it's more reasonable to ask everyone else to either keep their reading OOC, or to keep their reading to non-private threads.

When I see a dropped character sheet on the ground at Vega House, I don't pick it up and start reading, except to see a name so I can give it back to the careless player it belongs to. That is a reasonably low standard, and I expect all of the other players in this game to, basically, hold to it.

If the STs tell me to handle things like this differently, however, I'll acquiesce to them readily. I just don't think there should be a hubbub over this. Players are roleplaying, and on the whole it's pretty frickin' awesome.
Griffin Defoe
Griffin Defoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 am

^ Agreed. Well said.

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace-no-more Tue May 24, 2011 2:10 am

We'll agree to disagree then.

I'm not stifling creative juices when there's almost 50+ posts a day that aren't Wasta (sorry, had to take the jab). Getting everyone's e-mail addresses is as simple as sending a private message here.
Peace-no-more
Peace-no-more

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Tue May 24, 2011 2:11 am

No offense taken, tis a fair court.
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by HST Justin Tue May 24, 2011 2:28 am

Statements of fact:

1) Open/Private tags on threads relate to whether or not other characters are allowed to join without reasonable preamble or reason. They do not relate to whether or not the information contained within is private or unknowable.

2) If players wish to have their PCs eavesdrop on a scene, they must tell the ST crew of this. If a player attempts to use information IC that their PC was not present to learn and provides the ST crew with an explanation of "It was on the boards.", there will be responses.

Please, please don't make me start thinking that the boards are a liability. This isn't third grade and we're all much more mature than to be arguing about things like this. Use your judgement, ask if you don't know and presume nothing that you're not reasonably sure of.

I really like reading the roleplay that goes on, but I trust my players to respect a "private" tag. For someone to say "Take it to email or we can't promise to keep OOC/IC separate" makes me disappoint. Not that anyone has said that, mind. But the slope is slippery.

With due respect to CbN, they have the rule of 'There is no OOC, all info is IC'. Not us. It serves them well, but we choose to not have it apply here. Let's keep it that way.

HST Justin
HST Justin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2