Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puppet Prince

3 posters

Go down

Puppet Prince Empty Puppet Prince

Post by ST Jonah Tue May 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Who has used this before? What are your thoughts? I'm interested in feedback on this one.

Thanks!
ST Jonah
ST Jonah
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Puppet Prince Empty Re: Puppet Prince

Post by Essence Tue May 17, 2011 12:51 pm

I use it for the local Sabbat game and we used it for all of NOLA.

I think it's got a learning curve but it pretty intuitive and puts the sheets available for players to view/print whenever which makes traveling much easier. And, unlike Grapevine, it's still an evolving program.

Any specifics you were curious about?
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by ST Jonah Tue May 17, 2011 1:11 pm

When I first saw the program it was only built up for vampire templates. I see now it includes other genres. Have you used it for other genre sheets? Do you think it is as intuitive as vampire?

Also, how "private" can you make the database?
ST Jonah
ST Jonah
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Tue May 17, 2011 1:16 pm

The database is actually very private. You only have access to your sheets. Your game's profile includes what you want it to as well as the players subscribed and the names of the characters in your database.

I haven't used the other genres but I may play with that tonight and let you know.

The coolest thing is following other people to grow games. Let's say you like playing with Betsy. When Betsy makes a character and joins Heartland Alliance you get an update of that so maybe you want to try Heartland Alliance too. (Yes, it could also be flipped and encourage stalking, but so can ALL social media).

It's grapevine with a social twist.
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by ST Jonah Tue May 17, 2011 2:13 pm

I like that idea to a degree. If I am not mistaken, Carpe Noctum (local vampire game) is planning on using Puppet Prince in conjunction with their own website to produce the character sheets for travel/printing/etc via website.

This is a big maybe. Like huge maybe. But maybe if they get their website up and running 100% (which includes a ticket system for influences, expenditures, downtime actions, messages/chats/forums, and character sheet printing/emailing with a watermark from their game) I may see if it would be in our best interest to change to this system.
ST Jonah
ST Jonah
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Essence Tue May 17, 2011 2:26 pm

Sounds good. It certainly has it's flaws and doesn't have as much as Grapevine. I think the best way to see it is Grapevine is an ST resource and Puppet Prince is a player resource.
Essence
Essence

Back to top Go down

Post by Opens The Cage Tue May 17, 2011 5:00 pm

I think Carpe is going to use a homemade system based on Puppet Prince, not the actual Puppet Prince system. I may have heard this wrong, however.
Opens The Cage
Opens The Cage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum