Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange and weird thoughts

5 posters

Go down

Strange and weird thoughts Empty Strange and weird thoughts

Post by Graciela Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:36 am

Now, I can't be the only practical one who thought of this as a solution to the dwindling lupus problem in the Nation. So this tells me then, that it doesn't work. Maybe someone can tell me for sure on here.

Garou can or cannot procreate if they mate outside of breed form. For instance, a lupus breed shifts to homid and has wild monkey sex with a homid female. He cannot, in fact, get said female pregnant. Somebody enlighten me. And no bestiality jokes! This is serious!

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Strange and weird thoughts Empty Re: Strange and weird thoughts

Post by HST Justin Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:38 am

There's an Child of Gaia rite that allows mixed species breeding. But OWbN doesn't much care. They all have fun and do it without the rite.
HST Justin
HST Justin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:45 am

So, why the hell haven't more people taken one for the team. Granted, it'd be harder for the females, since we can't shift when prego, but why haven't more of the men done the practical thing to help out Gaia and the other lupus. Maybe it's the Shadow Lord practicality that's messing with my head, but still.

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by Anselm Walker Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:18 pm

My opinion is that most characters are based on this concept: humans were once humans and have human stigma and psychology. It isn't natural for a man to want to have sex with a wolf or a wolf to want to mate with a man. Yes, there are canonical examples of man-wolf love but they were for good stories. (They actually fell in love and all.)

Besides that, the Child of Gaia rite is supposed to be used for this sort of thing. The Org not using it is ridiculous and that should be remedied.

Anselm Walker
Anselm Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:00 pm

As far as I know (which ya know, is mostly org based) he can in fact get the female pregnant. It just wouldn't help the lupus population at all because the homid female would give birth to a human kinfolk not a lupus kinfolk. Homids can't have puppies.
Misha
Misha

Back to top Go down

Post by Graciela Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Anya- Well, if one way works, then the other way would as well, right? I mean, hell, I don't think I've read about penalties or imposibilites for staying in a form other than your breed form.

And I posed this from a purely practical, down to earth perspective. Minus emotion and frills. The whole you gotta do what you gotta do thing?

I have my romantic moments...but sorry. When it comes to this sort of thing, somethings are distinctly more important than squeamish tendencies.

Graciela

Back to top Go down

Post by HST Justin Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:25 pm

Many games, and I think the book, rules that you revert to your breed form when you go to sleep. Eerie Moon ruled it differently, but that's part of what the CoG rite does: Changes your form until the pregnancy is over.

And if you're talking squeamish tendancies, a lupus can have ten times the number of offspring that a homid can. The 'dying of the lupus breed' has some other weaknesses than just willingness to perform bestiality.
HST Justin
HST Justin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Grip Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Wolfhome.

Grip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content