Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Actual Rule for Regeneration in Combat

2 posters

Go down

The Actual Rule for Regeneration in Combat Empty The Actual Rule for Regeneration in Combat

Post by Griffin Defoe Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:57 am

Laws of the Wild: Revised, p. 189

"Garou regenerate one level of bashing or lethal damage every turn. Homid and lupus Garou regenerate about one health level a day in their natural form while in critical condition if they rest. Trying to move around and do anything slows the pace of healing to normal human rates..."

Like a good few of the rules published for Werewolf, the tabletop rules are a good bit clearer on the subject, but p. 189 shows that it's more than just the existence of Combat Healing that supports the rules call made today (and many times before today).
Griffin Defoe
Griffin Defoe

Back to top Go down

The Actual Rule for Regeneration in Combat Empty Re: The Actual Rule for Regeneration in Combat

Post by Makes-Insides-Outside Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:03 am

The way these rules were written make me want to kick a baby. There was some serious drug use involved during the writing process.

((This rant is not directed at you Chris, just airing my frustration in general. I was pissed at the end of game about the rule and I was pretty rude and dismissive towards you when you were attempting to support your argument and that was lame of me to do.))

Panda Logic Begins:

So the first sentence says: "Garou regenerate one level of bashing or lethal damage every turn."

-Seems cut and dry, turns imply rounds which implies combat. (Do you take damage in Garou from social challenges? Not generally... Or mental challenges either with a few exceptions.) So why even mention turns?

Second sentence says: Homid and lupus Garou regenerate about one health level a day in their natural form while in critical condition if they rest.

-Okay so there's a caveat that you heal slower in your breed form. Weird yes, but nothing questionable except: Critical Condition? The words 'critical condition' are mentioned in the Incap description. So it takes about a day to regenerate to wounded from Incapacitated or the House Rule Health Level: Mortally Wounded. That makes sense.

Third sentence is: "Trying to move around and do anything slows the pace of healing to normal human rates." (Then some stuff about metis and aggravated damage thats irrelevant.)

-Your only unconscious for a turn in Incap (If you make your static physical or not at all if you 'rage back', so is this last part a caveat about trying not to move or speak after the 1 round you spend in Incap? That's how I read it because, no where does is say that you can't move or speak or take actions in Incap. (She is unconscious for at least one turn, and must thereafter make a static physical against four traits +1 for each level of damage she's suffering from at the moment to wake up. )

-This last part that we see here in the Incapacitated description is what I believe sentence three is referring to. Seeing how it comes directly after sentence two. If you move around in Incap after you wake up, you fuck up your ability to regen every turn. Now that makes perfect sense to me at least. Your body is in an incredibly weak state and cannot continue operating as normal due to massive damage.

-I understand there is a tabletop gift that has no official MET translation called Combat Healing, and my interpretation makes that supplemental tabletop garou gift invalid as it was written in tabletop format. But this is the way that I interpret it after following the dots and attempting to follow the disorganized mess that the beer machine hath delivered unto us.

So anyhow i'm gonna drop it from here and let the HA ST's figure out if they want to make some sort of different interpretation of the rules or stick with precedent set by many other games.

If anything is taken away from this, I hope that we all have a better understanding of how the Incapacitated health level works. Knowing that you can make a static physical after a rounds gone by and attempt to regain consciousness and limp away without having to rage back, frenzy and battlescar is pretty cool.

-"Incapacitated: The character is on the brink of death. She is unconscious for at least one turn, and must thereafter make a Static Physical Challenge (retest with Primal-Urge against four Traits +1 for each level of damage shes's suffering from at the moment to wake up. A critically injured werewolf can try to draw on her Rage to remain active. This requires a Rage Challenge against eight Traits. If successful , the characters heals one health level, and automatically begins the next turn in a berserk frenzy. Characters can try this only once per scene; if they get critically injured again, they're stuck with the consequences. A character can only try this only once per scene; if they get critically injured again, they're stuck with the consequences."

Thanks for reading my bitching.

Cheers!~

'(@____@)'
Makes-Insides-Outside
Makes-Insides-Outside

Back to top Go down