Heartland Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions on House Rules Revisions: Fetish Creation

+3
Makes-Insides-Outside
ST Jonah
Griffin Defoe
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Questions on House Rules Revisions: Fetish Creation - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions on House Rules Revisions: Fetish Creation

Post by HST Justin Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:38 pm

We ran the fetish creation rules yesterday as this and it didn't seem immediately offensive.
HST Justin
HST Justin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Questions on House Rules Revisions: Fetish Creation - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions on House Rules Revisions: Fetish Creation

Post by Griffin Defoe Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:08 pm

I got one made. It wasn't easy (retests galore required), and I didn't really get a breakdown of the math involved (although I didn't request it at the time). I might have been lucky with the Gnosis rating of the spirit I was binding, I'm not sure, but achieving more than three successes for making a fetish still feels excessive. The gap between winning ties and losing ties when so many tests are involved is HUGE when you break down the math.

It occurred to me this morning that a couple of rites could very easily swing fetish-making attempts in favor of those possessing the rites: Rite of the Teachers, and Rite of the Ziggurat. If someone wants to make fetishes with any sort of regularity, getting those rites would seem to be a high priority, even if genre ideals wouldn't dictate it. The PCs that have good access to those become MUCH better fetish-makers (unreasonably so, in my opinion).
Griffin Defoe
Griffin Defoe

Back to top Go down

Post by ST Jonah Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:35 am

Chris' Fetish Creation Rules are implemented for Moot Game for a while.

Added Perk: "Spending permanent gnosis will lower the trait difficulty by 2 for the extended challenge and add a specialized effect (supercharged ability, no negative traits, etc. - ST choice)"
ST Jonah
ST Jonah
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundancer Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:01 pm

^ Oddly, I'm much happier with this.
Sundancer
Sundancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2